Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

33 Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 33 Weeks
Size of Baby: Pineapple (17 inches, 4.25 lbs)
Name: Braden Lee Samples (Bub, Bray, Whatever His Daddy comes up with)
Nicknames (Gma & Gpa W): Ripley (type of pineapple)/Pip
Weight Gain: 38.2 lbs
Exercise this Week: Nothing traditional but hours of crazy house cleaning Saturday and hours of washing/putting together/putting away shower stuff Monday. Fun :)
Milestones: Over the next four weeks Bub will put on another half pound per week. This rapid weight gain will slow by next month. The skeleton is also hardening although the bones in his skull will not fuse together completely, but will overlap allowing for continued growth all the way up into early adulthood.
Symptoms: heartburn, tiredness, not sleeping, swelling (extra!), headaches, belly itching, cramping, backache
Cravings: Honey Nut Cheerios all the time!!
Aversions: meat in general
Recap of the Week: Such a fun week :) baby shower and doctor appt! Robin, Mollie, and April gave me a WONDERFUL baby shower on Sunday. Got lots of great stuff and am feeling a little better about the state of the nursery. Pics taken by my momma:


 Made by Momma :)

Guests!

 Guests!

 Made by Momma for Baby Boy :)

 Sweet :)


 April - my champ writer

Got some great advice.  My fav was to Let Aunt Mollie Babysit Often


 Sam made me this apron which I LOVE!!


 Sweet Hostesses!  Love them :)

 Baby Kayden :)

Doctor appt also went great. I saw Dr. Hix again who I really like (we saw him at our ultrasound appt. He measured my belly and I'm once again right on schedule! Grew exactly 2 cm since 2 weeks ago. Also listened to Bub's heartbeat and it was around 140. Dr. Hix let me listen to it for a long time and said it sounded really good and strong. Always makes my day to hear his heartbeat :) He then asked if I'd had any bleeding or anything and I explained I've had spotting the whole pregnancy. I forgot to ask him why he asked that or if bleeding is more of a worry now... Noted for next time. He also asked about my symptoms and I mentioned the cramping again and etc. He said its just my body getting ready for labor :) I was told this last time too but thought I'd mention again just for the heck of it. Finally he explained that at my next appt they will check my iron, do a culture for group b strep (not completely sure what this is all abt.. Need to google), and check my cervix for dilation. Yay! Wonder if I'll be dilated at all???

3 comments:

Heather said...

Those Dr appointments are just gonna get more and more exciting!

Mrs. Fort said...

Happy 34 weeks!! Gosh, only 6 weeks until we all meet Braden!! Let the 'fun' Dr appt begin :)

AJ said...

I really enjoyed your shower! It was a lot of fun! You raked in some cute stuff!!
Love!!

Post a Comment