How Far Along: 31 Weeks
Size of Baby: Four Navel Oranges (16.25 inch, 3.3 lb)
Name: Braden Lee Samples (Bub, Bray, Whatever His Daddy comes up with)
Nicknames (Gma & Gpa W): Garfield (type of orange), Roo (Can be spelled from letters & Roo aka Kanga's baby kangaroo, "Now Roo, you mustn't do that dear", followed by "But, momma!")
Weight Gain: 37 lbs
Exercise this Week: 3 days elliptical (30 min twice, an hour once)
Milestones: Baby is gaining more weight as baby fat is filling in underneath the skin. Baby's color is also becoming less red and more pink. Baby's irises can dilate and respond to changes in light.
Symptoms: heartburn, tiredness, swelling, headaches, belly itching
Cravings: ooooh, chocolate
Aversions: meat in general
Recap of the Week: Bub definitely had hiccups this week. It was hilarious & weird! Wondering if it drove him crazy? Just made me smile. I've been a little jealous reading about people who feel baby hiccups and I finally got my turn.
We had CPR class this week (infant & child). It was actually super helpful and I think we could both do it if we have to (God forbid). Just a two hours class but worth 1,000+ hours in peace of mind! Tay says he's gonna write up an instructions note card and leave it on the fridge.
My sweet Hub was very sick this week with a cold-like thing :( He had a fever one day and just felt crappy for several days. Glad he's slowly getting better (and regaining taste & smell) though! I need him to tell me when the milk is bad b/c I think it smells terrible no matter what!
AND, doctor appt this week. I saw Dr. Duke this week and he's my absolute favorite so far! So super nice and helpful. He did not rush me at all and actually answered several things I didn't even ask. My main concern was some cramping I've been having (started this week) and he told me those are Braxton Hicks contractions and nothing to worry about. He described a "real/labor" contraction as starting at the top of the stomach and moving down (also regular and timeable). So, we'll see. I've been worried I won't recognize real labor contractions for what they are?
Over and above my own questions, I learned the following:
-Bub is already head-down, yay! As long as he doesn't flip between now and then no breech baby here!
-Bub's heartbeat was 128 and sounded really strong according to the doc. He mentioned that was a really good heartbeat for how far along I am and that it's normal for it to get slower and slower as Bub gets older (pumping more efficiently with each beat). Definitely seems true b/c we were in the upper 160's at the first appt, slowing to 140's and 130's and now 120's.
-I am measuring PRECISELY on schedule. Should measure at the number of centimeters equal to your weeks of pregnancy. Looks like Bub is growing just right :)
-Dr. Duke asked about my heartburn and I definitely confirmed it! (heartburn from everything including just drinking water). He wasn't surprised and said to use Pepcid instead of Tums b/c it'll actually work better and it's perfectly safe.-He went over the appointments to come - every 2 weeks starting now then every week starting at 36 weeks (with internal checks). Said I won't be checked next time unless I'm feeling pressure/specifically request it.
-He mentioned several other things but I just can't remember them all at the moment. SO helpful. Love him & wish he would be our delivery doctor.




3 comments:
Yea! to baby Braden for being head down.....Just don't come out before your baby shower!!! And no worries Sis ...you'll know when /if you go into real labor!
I'm w/Heather, I've never been in labor, but I think you will know it! Just 8 more weeks...wow! I can't wait to meet him!
Your pregnancy really seems like its flying to me... I'm not sure if you feel the same...
You look beautiful, can't wait to see you!
Interesting about the Pepcid! I bet you were a happy girl.
Post a Comment