Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

34 Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 34 Weeks
Size of Baby: Average Cantaloupe (17.75 inches, 4.75 lbs)
Name: Braden Lee Samples (Bub, Bray, Whatever His Daddy comes up with)
Nicknames (Gma & Gpa W): Rocky/Ford (Rocky Ford is a type of cantaloupe)
Weight Gain: 42.6 lbs
Exercise this Week: 4 times elliptical (3 times 30 min, 1 time 60 min). Not too sure what happened with the weight gain this week :/
Milestones: The waxy protective coating, vernix, is becoming much thicker this week as the lanugo continues to shed and may be almost completely gone by now. Lungs are continuing to mature in preparation for breathing in the outside world.
Symptoms: heartburn!!!!!, tiredness, not sleeping, swelling (extra!), headaches, belly itching, cramping, backache, hip aches, etc. LOL. Enough complaining? Guess I could just put general aches :)
Cravings: Honey Nut Cheerios
Aversions: meat in general, grease
Recap of the Week: Week of rest :) Had a lot less "scheduled" to do this week than last week which was super nice! I went ahead and ordered our highchair since it was online only and I figured we wouldn't get it as a gift. I just loved it so much that I couldn't settle for any in the actual store :) SO it arrived and is put together and sitting at the table as of last night! (pic below).
Love it so much!! I know Bub won't be able to actually use it for a while but I wanted it put together anyway :)

I can't wait for our final baby shower next week!! My sis has some great plans I've already heard about :) It'll be great to see everyone too :)

Enjoyed visiting with Grandma D this Sunday (as I do most Sunday mornings) and I am always amused by her thoughts that my belly cannot get any bigger and that it will surely just bust open :). She is so excited to meet Baby Braden. Every time I see her, she will tell stories about Grandpa and how happy he would be that Bub is named after him. She thinks he's looking down on us and knows about it. I think and hope she's right :)

7 comments:

Heather said...

I remember grandpa telling me that if you go to Heaven you will still be able to see your loved ones on Earth. He firmly believed that!

AJ said...

Girlie girl I swear you're not going to make it to 40 weeks! And honestly I hope you don't bc I'm ready to see him!
I love the high chair!
If you need help with TY's don't hesitate to ask me!

Jen said...

You so sweet :)

Jen said...

Thanks sister. This makes me smile :)

Unknown said...

The highchair is great! Glad you're doing so well, can't wait to see Baby Braden!

Mrs. Fort said...

Love the high-chair :) And sweet story about your grandpa. I know he's looking down at you with a big smile :)

AJ said...

I'm SERIOUS about those TY's!!!
I can write some good ens!
I had a lot of practice last year ;-)

Post a Comment