Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

14 Weeks





Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along:  14 Weeks
Size of Baby:  Lemon (3.4 inch, 1.5 oz)
Nicknames (Gma & Gpa W):  Perrine/Alysia (girl), Harvey/Nemo (boy).  Explanations:  Harvey and Perrine are types of lemons.  Nemo uses the letters in lemon and Lemon Verbena is Aloysia Triphylla (Alysia).   
Weight Gain:  8.8 lbs total (yikes...)
Maternity Clothes:  Pants almost every day.  Couple of maternity shirts and tighter sweaters for belly visibility. :)
Milestones:  Baby's well-defined face can also make expressions like a squint or a frown.  May start growing hair on the head or on the face, such as eyebrows.  If a girl, eggs are already developed inside her ovaries and if a boy, prostate gland is now developing.
Symptoms:  headaches, some nausea, swelling hands, pains (front & back), forgetfulness, not sleeping well.
Cravings:  hot sauce.  lime juice in everything.  chips (dipped in hot sauce and lime juice mixture) LOL
Aversions: meat & BBQ... chicken in sometimes ok...
Recap of the Week:   This week, my sleep pattern has taken a turn for the worse!  Seems like I'm super tired and want to go to bed at 8:00.  Then after actually going to bed about 9:00, I wake up at midnight or during very early morning hours then toss and turn the rest of the night, what the heck??!  I'm loving that baby is over an ounce this week!  Seems like it took forever to cross the one ounce weight mark but I have a feeling growing will be faster in the weeks to come.  I tried to have sugar again this week (see prior week for m&m fiasco).  So, I wanted a Reese's candy bar, one of my favorite things in the world.  Was fine while eating it but as soon as I was done, SO sick.  Got really bad headache, racing heart, nausea.  Just horrible.  So, will be staying away from sugar in the future (not that I need it anyway...) and asking the Dr. about it.  Hoping not a sign of gestational diabetes or something... more worries :)  Final thought for the week... Looks like I now have two votes for twins - you people are killing me :)

Stay tuned for Doctor Appt next week - yay!

4 comments:

Mrs. Fort said...

I see the baby likes Lime Fire, the new version of Lemon Fire back in the college days. Sorry about the Reese's :( I can't wait for Tuesday updates every week!!

AJ said...

Lime Fire? Ouch my esophagus is screaming in pain for you!

Mrs. Fort said...

She used to mix lemon juice and hot sauce in college and eat with chips. Makes my eyes water just thinking about it LOL

Jen said...

mmmmmmm, sounds good right about now! :)

Post a Comment