
Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 39 Weeks
Size of Baby: Mini Watermelon (20 inches, 7.25 lbs)
Name: Braden Lee Samples (Bub, Bray, Critter, Baby B)
Nicknames (Gma & Gpa W): Mickey Lee/Sugar Baby (types of watermelon)
Weight Gain: 49.6 lbs
Exercise this Week: Walking approx. 1 mile every day at work. Thanks Tammy!
Milestones: As baby prepares to join the outside world, he's continuing to build a layer of fat and slough off the outer layers of his skin. The vernix and lanugo are nearly completely gone although you may see some traces of it after birth. The placenta is also hard at work providing critical antibodies to help protect Bub from infections in the outside world. If breastfeeding, baby will get many of his needed antibodies from breast milk.
Symptoms: aches, heartburn, tiredness, swelling, pressure, cramping, spotting, dizzy
Cravings: Reese's PB Eggs... good thing Easter is over :)
Aversions: meat in general
Recap of the Week: We had a fun date on Saturday to a matinee (The Hunger Games) and dinner at Penguin Eds. The Hunger Games was fantastic and I had a fab baked potato for dinner. Sunday was Easter and we had a GREAT time at April, James, & Truman's house! Can read about that and see pictures (including the pic of Baby B looking like a beach ball) here.
Doctor appt went well this week and it'll be my last regular appt. Yay! I got to trash the "urine sample" disgusting cup for next time which made me deliriously happy. I saw Dr. Terry this time and he was super nice and laid-back. He basically asked if I had any questions (which I don't at this point!), checked me (3 CM, 80%, -2), and had the nurse schedule an induction appt for Tuesday morning (the 17th). And so Baby B will be here no later than then. Can't wait to meet him!
Doctor appt went well this week and it'll be my last regular appt. Yay! I got to trash the "urine sample" disgusting cup for next time which made me deliriously happy. I saw Dr. Terry this time and he was super nice and laid-back. He basically asked if I had any questions (which I don't at this point!), checked me (3 CM, 80%, -2), and had the nurse schedule an induction appt for Tuesday morning (the 17th). And so Baby B will be here no later than then. Can't wait to meet him!

3 comments:
Get.
Out.
Of.
There.
Seriously!!!!!!
He's killing me! I need Bray keeses!
I'm with April! Tell Baby B he's fully baked and to make a move!
Braden, Thanks for slowing down to wait on my best friends niece, Wren, to be born...HOWEVER....She's been here for a week now you can come on out boy!!!!!!!! you are taking this ladies first thing way to far!
Post a Comment