Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

32 Weeks




 
Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 32 Weeks
Size of Baby: Large Jicama (16.7 in., 3.75 lbs)
Name: Braden Lee Samples (Bub, Bray, Whatever His Daddy comes up with)
Nicknames (Gma & Gpa W): Turnip/Ace (jicama is a type of turnip and Ace can be spelled from large jicama)
Weight Gain: 38.2 lbs
Exercise this Week: none :( unless you count putting together and away baby shower gifts :) must do better next week!
Milestones: Baby is really plumping up and will gain almost half his body weight by the time of delivery. This needed baby fat will help to keep baby warm in the outside world. The layer of soft lanugo hair is also starting to shed. Over the next few weeks, baby's real hair and skin will become soft and smooth.
Symptoms: heartburn, tiredness, swelling, headaches
Cravings: Honey Nut Cheerios
Aversions: meat in general
Recap of the Week: Breastfeeding Class and our first baby shower this week!!
Class was awesome and the most helpful of all three. Mainly because I really want breastfeeding to go well and there is a lot of technique to consider. Latch positions, nursing pillows, nipple confusion, breast pumps, oh my! Must re-read the book but I'm feeling a lot more confident than I felt before the class.
Baby shower #1 (Tyson) was so so much fun! Lots of people were able to make it, the room was adorable, and the cake was AWESOME (perfectly matched to Bray's puppy dog bedding). See below for pics of baby boy's gifts. Got everything unpacked, batteried (word?) and washed or put together this weekend. Cleaned out the guest bathroom cabinets and a cabinet in the kitchen for baby stuff. Yay!





And... the shower gift strait from China :)


3 comments:

Heather said...

um..... the thing from China....What is it??????I didn't realize you had friends in China...

Jen said...

Haha, some spicy chicken paws from my boss' trip to China :) Baby boy does like spicy but couldn't quite bring myself to try these :)

Mrs. Fort said...

I was also curious about the goodies from China. Looks like you are loved by many!! I can't wait until your next shower :)

Post a Comment