Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

20 Weeks




Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along:  20 Weeks (HalfWay!!!)
Size of Baby:  Small Cantaloupe (6.5 inch, 10.6 oz)
Nicknames (Gma & Gpa W):  Rocky/Ford (Rocky Ford is a type of cantaloupe).
Weight Gain:  19.4 lbs
Maternity Clothes:  Loving my new 50% off maternity clothes from Kohl's on Black Friday! 
Milestones:  His skin becomes covered with a waxy-like substance called vernix which will protect his skin from becoming scratched or chapped.  He is also starting to produce meconium, the result of digestion, which will accumulate in his bowels and eventually pass during delivery or in his first diaper.
Symptoms:  pains (crampy, sharp, etc) in the back and belly.  worrisome but appear to just be stretching pains.
Cravings:  ORANGE JUICE, YUM!!
Aversions: meat, the smell of tuna (gag).
Recap of the Week:   Loving that we are halfway to meeting the little sweetheart.  Thanksgiving was this week & was fun and delicious as usual.  We went to Tay's parent's house for Thanksgiving dinner & before to catch up with Joe, Diane, & Tyler.  Black Friday started Thanksgiving night (sis picked me up at 8:00pm) and was a whirlwind of fun and sleepiness.  At the time, I couldn't remember what/for whom I bought but after wrapping presents last night, I discovered I'm almost done with Christmas shopping!  We got home at 6:00 am and I went strait to bed unlike my crazy sis who stayed up to wrap presents immediately!  Can say with certainty that Black Friday is harder being pregnant but it was still a good time.  Let the tradition continue :)  My favorite purchase was this dress & matching onesie from Kohl's (half price!).
After a couple hours of sleep, we went back to Tay's parent's house to visit with Joe, Diane, Tyler, Lisa, Ally, Charlie, Mollie, Quentin, Carlie, and of course Donna & Dana and to watch the depressing LSU game.  We did gift exchange with Joe/Diane/Tyler since they won't be back at Christmas and the Little One got a onesie claiming his "Auntie is the Best" and a soft bunny blanket toy (this is a bad description but I'm not sure exactly what it's called).  The little angel's first Christmas presents! 
We put up the Christmas tree and decorations this weekend which was so much fun!  Can't wait till we can share our first Christmas with Bub :) 
Saturday, we went to the theatre to see Twilight:  Breaking Dawn Part I.  We VERY rarely go to the theatre but since I love Twilight so much, I'm always able to convince Tay to go with me (such a good husband!).  It was awesome of course and I can't wait for the final movie next year... just wish they wouldn't drag it out so long.  We went to dinner at Red Robin after the movie & had some awesome chicken sandwiches.  I think it's actually been years since I've been there.
Sunday was the day I've been waiting for - registering!  Please check it out if ya want at http://www.target.com/ under mine & Tay's name.  It was so much fun to pick out everything for the little one :)  My sis and Jenn were of great assistance, even when I changed my mind about something 17 times.  We then met the girls (Sam & Sierra) at Target, finished shopping, and had milkshakes from Steak & Shake, yum!  Which brings me to the point that I ate WAY too much on this long weekend and that really has to stop.
Monday was a vacation day for me and I got LOTS accomplished around the house.  I totally cleared the nursery (removing final boxes, etc) and wrapped all Christmas presents from Black Friday.  Updated my Christmas shopping list and welcomed the FedEx man with my bedding set!  I then made some salmon & rice for dinner and started putting the border around the nursery.  This was harder than I anticipated & I only got about 1/4 of it put up.  You have to cut strips, dip them in water to activate the paste, make sure they are on the wall evenly, etc while climbing up and down and up and down the ladder.  But it looks really good & I can't wait to finish.  Also CANNOT wait for the crib, changing table, & dresser to arrive so the basics of his room will be complete :)
 

3 comments:

Mrs. Fort said...

The dress and onesie are sooo darling! I love them!! And yay for your bedding finally arriving! You should do before and after pics of the nursery :) Congrats to being halfway there! I had a blast registry shopping with you and Heather. Little boy should be well equipped when he makes his debut! Love you!

{You will find this funny--I ended every sentence with at least one !, so I had to scale back and switch to a . for my own peace of mind :)}

AJ said...

He's half baked momma!!!

Heather said...

Shopping was fun....and UM in case nobody told you...you're pregnant...STAY OFF LADDERS!!! LOL love ya

Post a Comment