Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

35 Weeks





Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 35 Weeks
Size of Baby: Honeydew Melon (18 inches, 5.25 lbs)
Name: Braden Lee Samples (Bub, Bray, Whatever His Daddy comes up with)
Nicknames (Gma & Gpa W): Dewey/Lemon Drop (both spelled from Honeydew Melon)
Weight Gain: 44.6 lbs
Exercise this Week: Crazy putting together and away of baby shower stuff and final purchases :)
Milestones: At this point, all of Bub's major organs should be nearly complete. Baby's kidneys are completely developed and his liver is functional and capable of processing waste products.
Symptoms: lots of aches in various places :) , heartburn (although Pepcid is helping me sleep a little better), tiredness, SO much swelling
Cravings: nothing I can really think of this week
Aversions: meat in general
Recap of the Week: I'm dilated to 1 cm and 70% effaced!! Dr. Partridge did my check today and the first thing she said was "wow, his head is RIGHT there". I was not super surprised by this as I can feel him really low and I'm definitely waddling. She said there is a very slim chance I'll actually make it to due date and that I should get the car seat ready and bags packed (way to diagnose it, Dr. April). I asked if she had a guess as to when I'll go into labor and she said she doesn't think this week but I could go into labor at any time now. We then heard his heartbeat which sounded really good and strong and in the 150's. I asked her about what I should be looking for. She described that real contractions should be a tightening of the entire stomach and you shouldn't be able to carry on a conversation while having one. My next appt is in a week and two days (they couldn't get me in on a Tuesday).  So we shall see how things look by then (stay tuned for 37 weeks update)!  I'd really prefer he make it to 37 weeks so he's technically full term.  Would make me feel a lot better.

Also had a fabulous shower this week and I finally feel like I am ready for little one to arrive! I took vacation on Monday and got everything done and put away. The shower was so so sweet with a ducky theme. :) The cake was adorable and the icing looked like actual water that the rubber duckies were floating on. It was Delicious too!! The punch was also so good and looked like water with rubber ducks floating in it. The diaper cake was fab too and the games! We played a game where everyone cut a string the size they thought my belly was and the winner got a prize. Well Haley was the ONLY one who guessed too small. Lol. Love her! Ash won the prize. We also played a count the jellybean game and a game where you lost your string if you said "Baby" or "Boy".  This was definitely a tough one and Sierra and Haley had the Eye of the Tiger!  It was such a great shower and it was wonderful to see people. Can't wait to introduce Baby B next time I see everyone.
Some shower pics:

The Lovely Hostess


Everyone one signed this sweet ducky for us!  I love it!

Cake Line :)















"Mmmmmm" says baby Kayden.  (his mommy didn't see until it was already too late)









PLEASE NOTICE THE NEW POLL TO THE RIGHT (BELOW HIS U/S PICTURES) & GUESS WHEN BABY BOY WILL ARRIVE!

3 comments:

Heather said...

ok I am moving my guess from overdue to 39 weeks. Seems like he's excited to get here!

AJ said...

I'm sticking with 38 weeks, not because it's a hunch but because it's my "medical opinion" hahaha!!!
Whenever he gets here will be wonderful! I still think "the sooner the better" :-D Can't wait!

Mrs. Fort said...

I went with 38 weeks, although I hope he comes sooner! Yay for being totally prepared!

Post a Comment