Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 8 Weeks
Size of Baby: Raspberry (.63 inch, .04 oz)
Nicknames (Gma & Gpa W): Grandpa's Little Himbeere or Ruben (boy), Grandma's Lil' Brea
or Ruby Rose (girl) [explanation (I think they had a harder time with the nicknames this week :) -- Genus Rubus is the proper name for Raspberry. Raspberries are Red. Ronnies Great,Great Grandfather was named Ruben. His mom was named Ruby Lila. Raspberries are in the Rose family. OK, thats what I worked with to come up with names. I also went to the German dictionary and Raspberry in german is Himbeere - pronounced himbera (short sound for the e and a). Oh, one more - Rubies are Red.]
Nicknames (Gma & Gpa W): Grandpa's Little Himbeere or Ruben (boy), Grandma's Lil' Brea
or Ruby Rose (girl) [explanation (I think they had a harder time with the nicknames this week :) -- Genus Rubus is the proper name for Raspberry. Raspberries are Red. Ronnies Great,Great Grandfather was named Ruben. His mom was named Ruby Lila. Raspberries are in the Rose family. OK, thats what I worked with to come up with names. I also went to the German dictionary and Raspberry in german is Himbeere - pronounced himbera (short sound for the e and a). Oh, one more - Rubies are Red.]
Weight Gain: One Pound! My first weight gain :) I'm certain it goes downhill from here.
Maternity Clothes: Ok, I wore maternity pants to work on Friday and it was the most comfortable day so far! Still feeling a bit guilty about that but me & the little raspberry were comfortable. Black dress pants - couldn't tell they were maternity pants. Just a small belly panel.
Maternity Clothes: Ok, I wore maternity pants to work on Friday and it was the most comfortable day so far! Still feeling a bit guilty about that but me & the little raspberry were comfortable. Black dress pants - couldn't tell they were maternity pants. Just a small belly panel.
Milestones: Baby's head is proportionally larger than the rest of the body and the ears and eyelids are developing. Fingers and toes are developing from the arm and leg buds which now have distinguished wrists and elbows and can even flex. Baby's heart rate is around 150 bpm. Uterus is the size of a grapefruit.
Symptoms: bloating, headaches, very tired, sore boobs, nausea
Cravings: Orange Juice, pickles (fun!). I have one of the giant jars of sliced pickes and opened it and ate an entire 4th of it in one sitting :)
Cravings: Orange Juice, pickles (fun!). I have one of the giant jars of sliced pickes and opened it and ate an entire 4th of it in one sitting :)
Aversions: sometimes meat in general
Recap of the Week: Little things that Taylor does makes me certain he's going to be a wonderful daddy. I cannot wait to see him with our baby. This is the first week I got to use the belly stickers from my best Jenn! Loving them :) Ready for week 12 when i can use the next one. Planning on putting all the "belly sticker" weeks in a collage photo frame for the baby's room. No cramping this week which makes me feel SO much better. Nausea every morning like clockwork and throughout the day mainly when I'm hungry or when i smell something that doesn't agree with me. Told grandma the good news this week which was SO much fun. She's really excited & I can't wait for her to meet our little angel. I can feel a harder portion in my belly that doesn't feel like just bloating! Makes me think a little of it is my uterus at least :) Been a bit of a stressful week with grandma in the hospital and lots going on at work. Got to spend a wonderful evening at Charlie/Mollie/Quentin/&Carlie's house for some good food and fun play! Makes me anxious to play with our little one. Labor Day holiday this week which was a really nice break. Seems like the weeks are going by so slowly... just ready for 9 weeks to arrive!
Recap of the Week: Little things that Taylor does makes me certain he's going to be a wonderful daddy. I cannot wait to see him with our baby. This is the first week I got to use the belly stickers from my best Jenn! Loving them :) Ready for week 12 when i can use the next one. Planning on putting all the "belly sticker" weeks in a collage photo frame for the baby's room. No cramping this week which makes me feel SO much better. Nausea every morning like clockwork and throughout the day mainly when I'm hungry or when i smell something that doesn't agree with me. Told grandma the good news this week which was SO much fun. She's really excited & I can't wait for her to meet our little angel. I can feel a harder portion in my belly that doesn't feel like just bloating! Makes me think a little of it is my uterus at least :) Been a bit of a stressful week with grandma in the hospital and lots going on at work. Got to spend a wonderful evening at Charlie/Mollie/Quentin/&Carlie's house for some good food and fun play! Makes me anxious to play with our little one. Labor Day holiday this week which was a really nice break. Seems like the weeks are going by so slowly... just ready for 9 weeks to arrive!
Names submitted by my wonderful nieces & sis:







0 comments:
Post a Comment